I’ve been getting a few modpack and video requests recently. Rather than answer them all with the exact same response, here’s a picture of a duck:
Now some actual info on how I regard modpacks: As most of my mods are either licensed under the GPL or the LGPL, no written permission is required for any of my mods. More specifically, here is a list of what you Can and Can Not do:
- You CAN redistribute my mods as you see fit, so long as you link back to this page or any of the Forum threads created by me.
- You CAN use my mods in a modpack, as long as you follow the terms set out by the GPL/LGPL and credit me.
- You CAN peak into the source code and modify things.
- You CAN distribute your modified version of any of my mods (known as derived work), but it must be licensed under the GPL/LGPL and credit me as well.
- You CAN NOT claim your builds are the official builds, cause that’s just rude.
- You CAN NOT sell my mods.
- You CAN NOT NOT have fun with my mods.
The only exception to these rules is Elemental Creepers, which is a bit of a tricky situation. xSmallDeadGuyx basically vanished, so you can't really ask him for permissions, but I'm not 100% sure how to go about handling permissions for the mod, since I only got the okay to distribute my builds. Whether I can determine how my builds are distributed is the tough part, as I still consider it HIS mod. And since I don't like dealing with permissions as I feel that's just a waste of time for both ends, I'm kinda stuck on this. FOR NOW, just send me a PM telling me that you'll be using the mod. No need for a reply from me, as I'll maybe glance at it just to make note and that's about it. If issues with distribution come up, we'll cross that bridge when it comes.
In regards to videos, you are allowed to use my mod in any video without my permission. Please stop asking me for permission.
I like to thank everyone who enjoy my mods. It’s you guys who make it worth while to make mods. If you need any help, please find the respecitve mod's GitHub repo and submit an issue there.