I’m a Software Engineer primarily working with AWS Lex and Lambda...oh, and on robots! I currently know C#, Java, Kotlin, HTML, a tiny bit of PHP, a dash of Python, a sprinkle of C++, and am currently learning Ruby and Ruby On Rails.
I've been quite lazy at doing Minecraft stuff as of late. I do it simply for fun, so from time to time I take a break from it since I don't personally feel a requirement to continuously work on my mods.
It all that was a bit too much for you to read or not comprehensive enough, here’s a quick rundown.
- I was born and raised in California, and am of Mexican descent. That being said, I have never been outside of the USA. There's also running joke among my friends and I where I'm apparently Canadian and have Maple Syrup instead of blood in my viens and arteries.
- I may or may not be moving to Canada in the near future.
- In terms of spoken language, I know English (main), Spanish (neither fluent nor novice), and French (intermediate)
- I'm 1.8288m/6ft tall
- I like red hoodies, which I've started wearing more often.
- I started programming when in Middle School (around 2007 – ’08) I wanted to make my own website, so I taught myself HTML (no easy feat when I didn’t own a computer til ’09 and thus relied on school PCs during my breaks). In 2010, after watching a YouTube video, I got interested in the .NET Framework and eventually learned VB.NET and then later transition over to C#. In late 2012, I wanted to get into Minecraft Modding (I had attempted before in High School but gave up quickly afterwards due to school). Through Minecraft I learned Java (which I currently use as my language of choice) and released my first mod, a Keyblade mod (I’m kinda obsessed with Kingdom Hearts), which I released in October of that year…and I’ve been stuck modding ever since…
- For IDEs, I use Eclipse for 1.6.x mods and both Eclipse and Intellij Idea (I like features from both so I switch back and forth as needed) for 1.7.x mods. I’ve also played around with NetBeans, but found it to be my least favorite. For all my DotNet stuff I use both Visual Studio 2017 or SharpDevelop 5, depending on the scope of the project.
- I used to own a server for me to test my mods and for my friends and I to play on, but it quickly died due to me and one other friend being the only regulars on the server.
- My birthday is November 12th, which is where the 12 in my username comes from.
- I currently use an GIGABYTE P57Xv6-PC3D for both work and fun. The GTX 1070 is really lovely.
- I get easily distracted and really forgetful, so if I don’t respond to you, it’s not you, it’s me...okay, it might be a little bit you.
OK, that wasn’t so quick…